Forums

Forums

Forums » Tutorials » Views Messages in this topic - RSS
|
04.11.2006 17:00:14
Dave
Dave
Posts 3
General confession. I am a self taught CadKey 98 user. I have an issue I simply can't figure out.
I get a file sent to me. The geometery in the file is not is the standard CK orientation. So when I go to view 1 the lines look skewed.

Is there a simple way to change the angle of the geometry so it is in the normal orientation? I know I can create specific views but when I do and then try to use layout the layout still seems to depend on the "normal" views and so it is wrong.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dave
04.11.2006 17:49:56
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131
Dave,
Is the file a cadkey file or imported from another cad program?
If you imported the drawing in then you can use the settings in the import function to import to a defined view or import it in "as is"!
04.11.2006 18:14:56
Dave
Dave
Posts 3
I am importing a parasolid file but I can't find any settings like you describe in the import function.
04.11.2006 20:21:01
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131
What version are you using?
Can you email me the parasolid file and the cadkey file after you imported it?
kenhar@ckdexpert.com
10.11.2006 18:21:21
solidcad
solidcad
Posts 3

Dave, this is pretty common coming from different cad systems. Have you tried the x-form old/new using the three point positioning?

Change to world coordinates, and choose three points on a planner face, ( first point is the origin, second point is a distance on the x axis, and the third will be a point on the y axis. You can now asign the insertion point using key in as the first point x=0, y=0, z-0. Second point x=1. y=0, z=0. Third point x=0, y=1, z=0.

This should give you the face that you selected positioned on the front plane.

Hope this helps.

--
pages: 1
|

Forums » Tutorials » Views